Anime NYC’s Artist Alley welcomes over 200 artists from across the US and around the world, and applications are available now! Before you apply, please read all our details below. Please note, too, Anime NYC has a juried Artist Alley. It is not first come, first served, and you can apply any time during the submission period.
ARTIST ALLEY HOURS
Friday – 2 PM to 9 PM
Saturday – 11 AM to 9 PM
Sunday – 11 AM to 5 PM
ARTIST ALLEY PRICES
Artist Alley Table – $265 (1 Table, 2 Badges)
Artist Alley Premium Table – $650 (8×10 Booth at Front of Artist Alley, 1 Table, 4 Badges)
ARTIST ALLEY INFORMATION
Before you apply, please read the following…
- Anime NYC’s Artist Alley is not first come, first served – rather, it is a curated experience with our Artist Alley participants selected in Summer 2018.
- This is a table request form. It is not a contract, and it does not guarantee space. All Artist Alley space is limited.
- This application will close at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on July 13, 2018, and you will hear back on the status of your application by July 30, 2018.
- If accepted, you’ll be sent a contract, which you must return with payment by August 10 to reserve your space. Late payments will not be accepted. If payment is not received by this date, the table will be allotted to an artist on the waitlist.
- There are two Artist Alley packages in 2018, and you may apply for either or both: Artist Alley tables are $265 and include one table, two chairs, and two Artist Alley badges; Artist Alley Premium tables are $650 and include a 8’x10’ booth space at the front of Artist Alley with one table, two chairs, and four Artist Alley badges. Additional chairs may be purchased for an additional cost.
- Artists must be 18-years-old or older by November 15, 2018.
- Individuals as well as collectives or studios with multiple artists may apply, but collectives/studios must identify each of their members within their application.
- Collectives/studios with greater than four artists/creators per day should apply for a Premium table.
- Accepted artists will receive one Artist Alley table or Premium Artist Alley table. No artist will receive more than one table space, and no displays that extend across more than one table space are allowed. This applies to both individual artists and collectives/studios.
- Tables do not include electricity, and electricity cannot be ordered in Artist Alley.
- Wifi is not included, but both free and paid wifi options are available directly from the building.
- Accepted artists may purchase up to two additional Artist Alley badges should they need them for additional members of a studio and/or helpers to run their table.
- Artist Alley tables must be staffed during all Anime NYC’s public hours by a minimum of one person. Conversely, you really can’t fit more than four people behind a table, and if an unreasonable number of people staff an Artist Alley space, Anime NYC has the right to ask them to disperse.
- Should you not be part of the first round of Artist Alley acceptances, you have the option to be waitlisted – to be considered in the event any tables become available – with details included in the status email you’ll receive by July 30, 2018.
- Contracted Artist Alley tables cannot be transferred and, in the event of a cancellation, payments are non-refundable.
- Our Artist Alley is for indie creators, webcomic artists, crafters, makers, and professional writers and illustrators – and everything sold must be the work of the creator(s) at the table. If you’re selling mass-produced items or are otherwise a retailer or publisher, you won’t be approved for Artist Alley and should purchase a booth to exhibit.
- We want to celebrate fans of anime and manga and their artistry, and we encourage original prints, crafts, comics, etc, but mass-produced fan works or fan works that use or are based on licensed, copyrighted material (including character art, background art, logos, etc) fall under our bootleg policy and are prohibited. In short, do not create buttons, pins, bags, keychains, T-Shirts, etc. with official art or any art that isn’t yours. Don’t trace, copy, or place Photoshop filters over someone else’s work and call it your own. If you display fanart or fan crafts which don’t follow this guide, you may be asked to remove them from display by the Anime NYC team or risk being removed from the show without refund.
- Displays in Artist Alley must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Backdrops, print walls, or banners are to not exceed 10’.
- Displays on back of table or attached to back of table are not to exceed 4’ above table top.
- Displays on side of table or attached to side of table are not to exceed 2’ above table top.
- No displays are allowed in front of table or to extend into any aisle.
- Additional tables may not be added to Artist Alley spaces. Additional tables may be added to Premium Artist Alley spaces.
- Areas directly behind tables may not have any displays blocking the tables next to them and walkways between tables must be accessible at all times. Luggage must be placed beneath the table and cannot be placed in front, behind, or beside the table.
- If an Artist Alley vendor takes an additional chair from another Artist without permission, the Artist Alley vendor will be charged for the additional chair.
- Adult themed material is allowed but must be tastefully displayed so that it cannot be accessed by and will not be sold to anyone under 18.
If you have questions about Artist Alley, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Ready? Please apply for Artist Alley space now!