Applications for 2023 have not opened yet.
ARTIST ALLEY HOURS
Friday – 1 PM to 7 PM
Saturday – 10 AM to 7 PM
Sunday – 10 AM to 4 PM
ARTIST ALLEY LOCATION
Artist Alley is located in Hall 3A of the Javits Center. It is located between Anime NYC’s exhibit hall and Japanese food hall.
ARTIST ALLEY PRICES
Artist Alley Table
– $350 (1 Table, 2 Chairs, 2 Badges)
Artist Alley Corner Table
– $400 (1 Table, 2 Chairs, 2 Badges, Guaranteed Corner Position)
Artist Alley Premium Table
– $950 (10×10 Corner Booth in the front of Artist Alley, 1 Table, 2 Chairs, 4 Badges)
A Certificate of Insurance is required to participate at Anime NYC for all exhibitors in our exhibit hall and artists in Artist Alley. All exhibitors and artists will be required to submit their Certificates of Insurance in advance of the event. Neither Anime NYC, nor the Jacob Javits Center Convention Center, nor any of their officers, agents, employees, or contractors assume any responsibility for the theft, loss, or damage to an exhibitor or artist’s property. It is recommended exhibitors and artists consult their preferred insurance broker to obtain a policy to cover their display materials and merchandise during transit and onsite as well as general liability while onsite. Further insurance information, including affordable options and submission information, will be included in acceptance emails.
ARTIST ALLEY MAP
ARTIST ALLEY TABLE MAP
PROXY SELLING IS NOT ALLOWED
Artists must appear all three days at Anime NYC, and tables cannot be operated by resellers or art brokers. Artists must show their ID at registration before set up can begin, and this ID must match the name and information in your application. Any exceptions must be requested in writing as part of your Artist Alley application. Anyone misrepresenting themselves or otherwise engaging in proxy selling risks being removed from Anime NYC’s 2022 Artist Alley and banned from future Anime NYC Artist Alleys.
Before you apply, please read and understand the following.
- Anime NYC’s Artist Alley is NOT first come, first served – rather, it is a curated experience with our Artist Alley participants selected in Summer 2022.
- This is a table request form. It is not a contract, and it does not guarantee space. All Artist Alley space is limited, and acceptance in Artist Alley in previous years does not guarantee acceptance this year.
- This application will close at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on Friday, May 13, 2022, and you will hear back on the status of your application by Tuesday, August 16, 2022.
- If accepted, you receive more information and payment details. You MUST make payment by Sunday, August 28, 2022 to reserve your space. Late payments will not be accepted. If payment is not received by this date, your table will be allotted to an artist on the waitlist.
- Individuals as well as collectives or studios with multiple artists may apply, but collectives/studios must identify each of their members within the application.
- Tables cannot be shared with any artists not listed within the application.
- All artists, helpers, and collective/studio members must be 18-years-old or older by November 18, 2022.
- Collectives/studios with greater than three artists/creators per day should apply for a Premium table.
- If you plan to share your table or exhibit with a collective/studio only ONE member should apply for an Artist Alley table. Multiple members should not apply. Multiple applications from the same collective/studio will not increase your chances of acceptance.
- Accepted artists will receive one Artist Alley table or Premium Artist Alley table. No artist will receive more than one table space, and no displays that extend across more than one table space are allowed. This applies to both individual artists and collectives/studios.
- PROXY SELLING IS NOT ALLOWED. Artists must appear all three days at Anime NYC, and tables cannot be operated by resellers or art brokers. Artists must show their ID at registration before set up can begin, and this ID must match the name and information in your application. Any exceptions must be requested in writing as part of your Artist Alley application. Anyone misrepresenting themselves or otherwise engaging in proxy selling risks being removed from Anime NYC’s 2022 Artist Alley and banned from future Anime NYC Artist Alleys.
- Accepted applicants are expected to be at their table during all open hours of Anime NYC.
- All tables are 8’W x 2’D x 30″H and come with two chairs.
- Tables do not include electricity, and electricity cannot be ordered in Artist Alley.
- Wifi is not included, but both free and paid wifi options are available directly from the building.
- Artist Alley tables come with two Artist Alley badges. Premium tables come with four badges.
- Accepted artists may purchase one additional Artist Alley badge ($95) per table should they need it for an additional member of a studio and/or helper. Artist Alley badges allow entrance during set up hours before and after public hours each day. Artist Alley badges may not be resold to general attendees.
- Artist Alley tables must be staffed during all Anime NYC’s public hours by a minimum of one person. The maximum number of people allowed behind an Artist Alley table is three. The maximum number of people allowed behind a Premium table is five.
- Should you not be part of the first round of Artist Alley acceptances, you will automatically be waitlisted to be considered in the event any tables become available. Details will be included in the status email you receive by Tuesday, August 16, 2022.
- Contracted Artist Alley tables cannot be transferred. In the event of an artist’s cancellation, payments are only refundable in cases of family or medical emergencies. (Should Anime NYC itself be cancelled, contracted artists would have the ability to cancel their table for a refund or roll their table to the next Anime NYC.)
- Our Artist Alley is for indie creators, webcomic artists, crafters, makers, professional writers and illustrators, and small press and fashion brands – and everything sold must be the work of the creator(s) at the table. If you’re selling mass-produced items or are otherwise a retailer or large publisher, you won’t be approved for Artist Alley and should purchase a booth to exhibit. If you have questions about this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We want to celebrate fans of anime and manga and their artistry, and we encourage original prints, crafts, comics, etc, but mass-produced fan works or fan works that use or are based on licensed, copyrighted material (including character art, background art, logos, etc) fall under our bootleg policy and are prohibited. Do not create buttons, pins, bags, keychains, T-Shirts, etc. with official art or any art that isn’t yours. Don’t trace, copy, or place Photoshop filters over someone else’s work and call it your own. If you display fanart or fan crafts which don’t follow this guide, you may be asked to remove them from display by the Anime NYC team or risk being removed from Artist Alley without refund. You can read our full bootleg policy here – animenyc.com/policies.
Displays in Artist Alley must adhere to the following guidelines.
- Backdrops, print walls, banners, and displays are not to exceed 10’ from the floor.
- Displays on top of tables are not to exceed 4’ from the table top. Such displays must be stable and secured to the table by means not damaging the table.
- No display is allowed in front of tables or to extend into any aisle.
- No display may infringe upon its neighboring space, including but not limited to outward side-facing displays, support brackets, extension poles, etc.
- Displays are subject to Anime NYC staff discretion. If any display is deemed unsafe, the artist must adjust the display to meet Anime NYC staff recommendations.
- Additional tables may not be added to Artist Alley spaces. Additional tables may be added to Premium Artist Alley spaces.
- Artist Alley tables may not be moved, pushed out, pushed back, or otherwise rearranged. If you require more space, we suggest you upgrade to a Premium Artist Alley space.
- Areas directly behind tables may not have any displays blocking the tables next to them and walkways between tables must be accessible at all times.
- Luggage must be placed beneath the table and cannot be placed in front, behind, or beside the table.
- If an Artist Alley vendor takes a chair from another artist without permission, the Artist Alley vendor risks being charged for the chair or being removed from Artist Alley.
- All work displayed must be that of the creator(s) purchasing the space, plagiarized works or the unauthorized use of copyrighted works may result in the forfeit of your table space without refund and potential banning from future Anime NYC events.
- Adult themed materials are allowed but must be tastefully displayed and cannot be accessed by or sold to anyone under 18.
If you have questions about Artist Alley, please contact email@example.com.